Paediatric Orthopaedics in Mumbai
Children should not be treated as little adults as their anatomic and physiological development is different from that of adults. Orthopaedic conditions, including birth and congenital defects (such as club foot or dislocated hip), require ongoing treatment and care from birth into adulthood. Management of children’s fractures differs signiﬁcantly from adult fractures because of children’s growing bones and the presence of growth plates. Consequently, orthopaedic services should be tailored to meet the needs of paediatric patients.
Our Paediatric Orthopaedic surgeons diagnose and manage children’s musculoskeletal problems, such as:
- Limb and spine deformities noted at birth or later in life (Club foot, Scoliosis, Limb length differences)
- Spinal Disorders clinic – this includes school screening programmes to diagnose children with the above problem. Early diagnosis make treatment easier with better outcomes.
Gait abnormalities (limping)
- Our centre has lot of experience in limb lengthening and growth modulation where the growth of one limb is altered to correct the deformity in other leg.
Broken Bones (Trauma Centre)
- With all surgical specialities under one roof and a highly advanced emergency & paediatric intensive care unit, we have saved lot of lives and limbs in patients with polytrauma. Our Paediatric trauma transport team is well trained to manage children at the site of accident to offer “golden hour care”.
Bone or joint infections and tumors
- In association with Oncology unit, we do lot of limb saving surgery in children with musculoskeletal tumours.