Paediatric Nephrology in Mumbai
Paediatric Nephrology team provides state-of-the-art care for patients with all forms of kidney disease from infancy through late adolescence, and provides the ideal environment for patients to receive the most advanced, innovative diagnostic and treatment techniques as well as to advance our knowledge about paediatric kidney diseases.
The clinic caters to diagnose and manage:
- Congenital diseases involving the kidneys or urinary tracts
- Acquired diseases involving the kidneys or urinary tracts
- Kidney disease associated with conditions that are not limited to the kidney
- Acid base and electrolyte disorders
- Acute kidney failure
- Chronic kidney disease
The clinic treats various conditions using multi-disciplinary approaches with co-ordinated care from other paediatric departments
- Care of children with Congenital urologic disorders, including posterior urethral valves, urinary reﬂux, multi-cystic dysplastic kidneys, obstructive conditions such as UPJ obstruction and UVJ obstruction, Bladder disorders like Neurogenic bladder & renal stones, etc., along with Paediatric Urology.
- Care of children with Systemic inﬂammatory diseases (lupus, vasculitis) along with Paediatric Rheumatology.
- Care of children with Hypertensive disorders especially renovascular hypertension along with our colleagues in Vascular Surgery and Interventional Radiology.
- Care of children with metabolic disorders and electrolyte disturbances along with Paediatric Endocrinology.
- Performing paediatric kidney biopsy real time ultrasound guided with help from expertise Radiologists.
- We do have facilities to screen antenatal renal problems and to address the possibilities of speciﬁc intervention with high counselling from Gynaecologists / Paediatric Urologist / Clinical Geneticist
- We offer the best living-related and deceased donor renal transplantation services along with our expert transplant surgeons
- We offer combined organ transplant e.g.combined liver and kidney transplantation for primary hyperoxaluria, C3 glomerulonephritis, atypical haemolytic uremic syndrome and other metabolic causes, combined pancreas and kidney transplant for Type 1 diabetes mellitus with end stage renal disease.
Paediatric Dialysis Unit
Our Dialysis Unit is one of the most dedicated paediatric dialysis units, afﬁliated with a full-service transplant centre in the country.
- The Paediatric dialysis unit offers exceptional treatment for young patients with acute renal failure and end-stage renal disease in a child-friendly setting.
- The unit provides chronic dialysis services (haemodialysis, high ﬂux dialysis, haemodiaﬁltration and home peritoneal dialysis – Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis CAPD & Automated Peritoneal Dialysis APD), and acute dialysis services (acute intermittent peritoneal dialysis, acute haemodialysis, slow and low efﬁciency dialysis SLED, continuous renal replacement therapy CRRT, therapeutic plasma ﬁltration, immunoadsorption and liver dialysis.
- The unit also serves as a training centre for parents or caregivers to perform peritoneal dialysis at home