Clinical Dietetics in Mumbai
The philosophy of the Department of Dietetics is to establish and encourage good nutritional practices and standards as an integral part of the health care provided. Being patient-centric is not a goal, but the core of our existence.
Objectives of Department
- To provide the highest quality nutrition care and dietary services
- To improve the practice of clinical nutrition including developing specialist dietetic teams within the department
- To develop effective therapies and new treatments, using evidence-based practice
- To educate future Dieticians and other healthcare providers
In patient services
All patients are assessed on their nutritional status and a medical nutrition therapy is planned. Nutrition intervention is initiated for those who are identified to be “nutritionally at risk”. A close monitoring of all patients on Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition is done. All patients who are malnourished or on therapeutic diets are educated and an individualised diet chart is provided at discharge.
Diet clinic: The clinic functions at the outpatient block on all days. The diets are planned in accordance to the medical, social and physiological condition of the patients. Our other associated Clinics are Weight Management Clinic and Growth Clinic.
Our dieticians offer expert nutrition on a variety of conditions:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Crohn’s, CMPA, Celiac, GERD
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Diabetes (Type 1 – Carbohydrate Counting)
- Pre and post-surgery
- Epilepsy – Ketogenic diets
- Short gut syndrome
- Inborn Errors of metabolism